It seems whenever I go to a BBQ or a friends place I get into a conversation about Internet Marketing. It makes sense since friends know I quit working for a boss a few years ago and I now live at the beach. They want to know how.
This is what I usually tell them to get started…
In my conversations I usually end up giving them the short version of Fast Web Formula (my own formula for building a 7 figure business from scratch). This is the back of the beer coaster outline:
Step 1 – Mindshift
Prepare to bend your mind and move beyond the standard thinking that so many people suffer. Amazing things can be done online only if you accept that there are different rules (especially when it comes to leverage). Many office workers are conditioned into 9-5 thinking. You HAVE to break out of that mindset to make it online.
Step 2 – Plan
Have a strategy. Most people approach internet marketing with a product in mind and then try and figure out how to sell it. Wait, there is a better way! Often nobody is interested. I prefer to start with the audience in mind. The starving crowd we often hear about in marketing speak. Usually I suggest the basic strategy of being an affiliate (I liken this to being a commission only sales person). As an affiliate we still build a list and create an authority blog where we will eventually sell our own products as well.
Step 3 – Research
Time to do some keyword research. The easiest way to do this is use Market Samurai. If not, the Google keyword tool will suffice. We look for search terms that have some traffic, advertiser competition and less than say 60,000 results in ‘quotes’ in the search listing. In this example I ended up finding the key phrase: ‘How to start an internet business‘ from my seed search.
This should be a buying phrase with commercial intent. Words like ‘how to’ or ‘buy’ are always useful! Next we type that into Google and pull the keyword lists from the top few ranked sites using the alexa ‘search analytics’ data. We will use these phrases in our content and as tags for blog posts and videos to help Google understand what our site is all about.
Step 4 – Money Link
Now we join a program where we can sell an offer relating to the keyword. We search for our keyword + affiliate. Often we will find a clickbank product or a CPA (cost per action) offer from somewhere like Neverblue. There are also some cool offers at CJ.com. Once we have signed up for an offer we now read the sales page and get into the mind of the buyer. Note if you already have a site that makes money you can use this technique to get yourself more traffic and links by pointing the campaign to your own site.
Step 5 – Content
Now we create or buy some content to use as a lead magnet. Ideally this can be a video (you can transcribe it later into a PDF report, MP3 podcast and blog post). This means we can use a youtube strategy of posting video content with a view to attracting clicks to a URL (web site address) displayed as a watermark in the video and in the description link next to the video. If we have no content we can rent or buy a youtube video by contacting the owner of an already existing video. If you are creating a video it can be a slideshow made with powerpoint. You can film yourself with a digital camera set to movie mode. Alternatively use screenflow or camtasia software just to make a screen video of you talking on the sales offer page whilst scrolling. See an example here.
Step 6 – Traffic
Time to get some traffic. We post our video and place links in the description to either the offer directly or your own blog. For affiliate links I suggest you use a re-directed domain. Buy a domain from namecheap and then re-direct it to the affiliate link using the built in free feature.
Later when you scale up you should host the re-directed domain on your own server so you can track traffic.
(Click to enlarge picture)
If you are building a blog then get a nice keyword domain or brandable domain and build a wordpress blog on it using the C Panel wizard called Fantastico. There are a number of free tutorials on youtube for building a wordpress blog. Make sure you use the right SEO permalink structure of /%category%/%postname%/ and use six tags per post with keywords (that you got from Alexa).
Step 7 – Conversions
Now we need to get that click to the offer and also build our list. It will increase conversions if we offer a bonus with purchase. If we do that we can also collect an email address for each buyer. The blog should have a name capture with a useful free report or similar. Use aweber or similar to get the names and send out bonuses. Once you have some clients (even ten) send them to a survey from Survey Monkey and ask them what else they buy / would like to buy and make it for them! The goal of course is to build a huge qualified list so that you can make money any time you need it just by sending out targeted valuable offers.
Once you have this process in play you will be ready to get “its not about the website“. Be sure to get some links to your content using bookmarking, linkvana and other methods such as podcast directories and article distribution. If you need any help with any aspect of this process or you just want to learn a bunch more profit models then you may want to access SuperFastResults.com where I answer your questions personally.
Note: I have used affiliate links in this posts.
This is an example of how you can create useful content that also pays. You can do the same thing on your site.
Please post your comments below:
- Affiliate (116)
- Apps (2)
- Business growth (27)
- Content (11)
- Conversions (64)
- Domaining (3)
- How To (179)
- Interview (60)
- James Schramko (150)
- Lifestyle (25)
- List Building (49)
- Local Business (3)
- News (48)
- Outsourcing (3)
- Podcast (63)
- PPC (24)
- Product creation (13)
- Product launch (8)
- Review (12)
- SEO (49)
- Social Media (8)
- Traffic (95)
- Video (50)
- Video Marketing Case Study With Jake Hower
- Building An Effective Autoresponder Sequence For Your Online Business
- The Most Powerful Marketing You Can Use In Your Business – An Own The Racecourse Case Study
- Dan Andrews And James Schramko Discuss Successful Podcasting, Super Productivity and Market Leadership Trends
- The TIM [Time Income and Mobility] Formula Explained with Tim Conley and James Schramko
- Victoria Gibson Discusses How To Build Your Business Faster Using Facebook Marketing
- James on Building An Effective Autoresponder Sequence For Your Online Business
- Ckcbolster on Building An Effective Autoresponder Sequence For Your Online Business
- alannahheaton on Video Marketing Case Study With Jake Hower
- James on Double Digit CTR (For PPC Marketers) Launched!
- Ben on Double Digit CTR (For PPC Marketers) Launched!
- Jake Hower on Video Marketing Case Study With Jake Hower
- How To “Work The System” With Sam Carpenter May 23, 2013Sam Carpenter shares his experience and tips for creating and implementing business systems. Topics discussed: 01:26 – Understanding the concept of “Work The System” 03:32 – What large successful organizations do differently 06:09 – What to consider when creating or storing this system 09:46 – The starting document 10:06 – What comes next 13:40 – [...]How To […]
- Why You Need To Constantly Change May 22, 2013Is your business well-adapted to change? In this episode: 00:08 – You may do things differently down the track 00:46 – Your job as a business operator is ______ 01:33 – Today’s action step Already have a seat for the big event this June? Buy your FastWebFormula 4 ticket here Join the SilverCircle waiting [...]Why You Need To Constantly Change is a post fro […]
- Are You Caught In The Easy Trap? May 21, 2013How do you avoid falling into this trap? Highlights in this news video: 00:08 – Is ‘easy’ a reality? 00:46 – People want this 01:27 – Be prepared to put in effort FastWebFormula 4 Live is just a few weeks away, better grab your tickets today! Need more profitable business tips? James Schramko [...]Are You Caught In The Easy Trap? is a post from: Super Fa […]
- What Does It Take To Have A Laptop Lifestyle With Yaro Starak May 21, 2013This week’s highlights: 01:20 – According to Yaro, the Laptop Lifestyle is …. 01:42 – People would rather ____ than work 04:40 – M___ is a bad motivator 06:00 – Tell us what you need help with 09:26 – Why Yaro started video blogging 10:19 – Are videos ranking in search engines? 13:03 – Adapt [...]What Does It Take To Have A Laptop Lifestyle With Yaro Starak […]
- Genesis WordPress Update May 17, 2013New updates coming out soon… In this episode: 00:07 – The big difference with the new version is _______ 00:32 – What if the upgrade is not quite right? 01:00 – We can take care of your website for you Get your very own mature and established domains from us Looking for premium web design [...]Genesis WordPress Update is a post from: Super Fast Business with […]